Sunday 4 May 2014

Reading the Signs...

Hello there Friends!

How was your week? I hope you found yourself moving within your own rhythm and flow. Oddly enough, taking the 'path of least resistance' isn't always easy to do, and life sometimes (usually always) asks us to move in a complex "dance". I'm finding that this dance, amongst other things, is all about balance, flexibility, rhythm, intuition, kindness (towards others as well as yourself) and discipline. Discipline. I began to realign myself back into my own rhythm and flow this week, and it was hard work...it took quite a bit of self-discipline...and I'm not there yet. It is amazing how we can KNOW what we need in order to feel more balance, more connected and more whole but totally resist it anyway. This past week I made this more of a priority and began my days with a little yoga and meditation, and a little speed-painting when I could. Within a week that was still hugely busy...I can't tell you how much of a difference this made. And this all brought my awareness back within...and my mind continually came back to a truth that I was reminded about last week: intuitive painting is part of who you ARE not just something you DO. This is SO true. So, so, SO true. 

Over the many times I have come into my studio and stood in front of a canvas.... I can honestly say that one of the worst feelings for me as an intuitive artist, is standing there feeling... uninspired and empty. It is a sure sign that there is an imbalance in my life somewhere. It creates a feeling like you are almost trying to force yourself onto the canvas, instead of letting the paint dance onto it in the magical way that it does when you are feeling whole and in tune with your spirit. 

So I wonder, if you ever feel this way? Feeling uninspired, out of touch, disconnected, disheartened, empty, displaced from where you once were or how you once felt... whether in life or on canvas (I'm sure that this is familiar for some whether artist or not). Perhaps instead of seeing this as a negative time, and getting lost and deflated, we can see these moments as signposts on a map. These are actually like neon signs blazing in the night sky, because there is no denying those feelings. They are there loud and clear. So the question, actually, is what will you do with them? Will you let them swallow you up? Will you allow these moments to feed Resistance? To keep your paints closed and brushes tucked away? 

Or will you read the sign posts and change direction? 

When we listen in, we can distinguish where these imbalances are (whether we like it or not). When we commit to a little bit of self-discipline we can then begin to re-align ourselves back onto our true path... Ah, these are truly points of transformation, because they allow us to grow and stretch ourselves beyond what we could otherwise. 

What sign posts have you noticed in your life? Where could you find a little more balance? Feel free to comment here or chat with me over on my Facebook page... I'd love to connect with you.



**Peace, Love, Joy & Gratitude**
xxx




No comments: