Sunday 25 May 2014

Get Outa Your Own Way!!!


It seems pretty fitting that this is the street art that should happen to be in my street, don't you think? It made me so happy to see this yesterday... This is a good message for ANYone, I think. Not necessarily just artists, but all people, everywhere. To live to create. We create all the time, sometimes we don't even know we're doing it! It's true! Every day we are creating our lives, ourselves, our stories. So why not do it with consciousness and intention and create something that makes us happy.

Which brings me to something that has kinda been brought to my attention....

As humans... we are very good at getting in our own way.

{Me: GUILTY}

Yes. It is something that I can no longer avoid and down play with comments like, "Oh, but ____ (insert excuse)". I simply have become too good at self-sabotaging and letting my head get in my own way. It's a mental problem that many of us face, I'm sure. Lucky for me, now I have someone on board that is helping to give me a big ol' kick up the bum and a virtual shake of the shoulders to wake up to myself and get real (and helping me get a plan!). Sometimes we really need someone who can call us on this stuff and then snap us into action (who do you have in your life that helps you do this?). It comes down to the fact that we really cannot move on until we re-create these old stories of "not good enough", "don't know how", "will never happen", "that's not possible", "that isn't realistic"... etc, etc, etc, ETC.... 

SO.

It's time to start a new phase, to stand more confidently in what I know and believe in my heart {not in my head}. It is actually super strange to see things from this new perspective - I feel as though my vision is clearer, the possibilities brighter and perhaps somewhat more attainable. I'm so excited to be in the process of hatching a plan that honours what I am about as an artist rather than old fears and worries that have been lingering around for too long now. I'm sure that they won't leave without a bit of a struggle, but it's a start at least, and I'm so excited and happy to share it with you along the way!

Can't wait to see what happens next!


{This is a little faery that is coming into being at the moment... and she made me think of this new phase so I named the piece, "Her stars began to align"}

*Peace, Love, Joy & Gratitude* 
xxx

No comments: