Saturday 16 November 2013

From "old" to "new"....

Hello, hello....

Just a quick little post today - I thought I'd share a 'before' and 'after' of the painting I did on Monday :-)

 Before I went crazy...


...and after...


Turns out following those 'crazy' urges when it comes to painting can be a GOOD thing - I think so anyway. I like how this turned out so much more than I did before, there is much more calmness and a sense of 'unity' in the painting, don't you think?

Could it be finished now? {hehe}

This painting was {is} titled "You Are Light" - I think it applies even more so now. This painting knew where it wanted to go, I just had to listen it seems.

"A painting is never finished - 
it simply stops in interesting places" 
- Paul Gardner

Enjoy your weekend! :)

--

*Peace, Love, Joy & Gratitude*

5 comments:

Rachél - Creativity Tribe said...

Super beautiful! I have been feeling called to dragonflies more and more. My cats were chasing one down the other day and it ended up taking sanctuary in my art studio. When the cats weren't looking I conspired with it to set it free. I love my cats, but it was empowering saving the little flyer.

Unknown said...

it's never finished, only put aside for a new layer. Enjoyed your artwork!

Mem said...

Hi 'Allmixedup art'! :) Thanks for stopping by! (sorry for the delayed response from me!)... I just went and had a look at your google page - love it. Lots of inspiration there that's for sure. Have a great Christmas!

Mem said...

Rachel - I definitely have a bit of a thing for dragonflies, I always have! Love them. I feel like a dragonfly in your studio is only good luck ;-) (despite the reason it took refuge there ha).

debra eaves said...

I love dragonflies and this painting is beautiful. This past summer we had this wild thing happen, every night our back yard was flooded with dragon flies. I mean flooded. They came out like you would imagine fireflies, but it was dragon flies. One morning I was watering my hanging ivy and right at eye level there was a about 4 inch dragon fly about 12 inches from my face. It was amazing. He let me take some cool pictures before he flew away. It was An amazing summer for dragon flies.